1. Startup with the breakfast of champions at Homegrown Hillsborough
This monthly, morning networking meetup invites techies and entrepreneurs to mingle over coffee at Tampa’s newest business incubator, the 5508 Coworking and Collaboration Exchange. Wake up your brain with a tech talk; then wake your muscles on a tour of the facility, built on five acres.
- When: Friday, September 30, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
- Where: 5508 Coworking & Collaboration Exchange: 5508 N 50th St, Tampa, FL 33610
- Cost: Free
2. Go your own way at BarCamp Tampa Bay
Like the Tropical Heatwave of tech, this event at the USF Muma College of Business features presenters in different rooms at various times throughout the day. Only in this case, the audience can also be the talent!
Either get there early to sign up as a presenter, or go as a listener, moving from room to room to learn about the topics that interest you most. Once the speakers claim all of the available time slots, everyone else can see the whole schedule on a board and make up their agendas for the day.
Among those in attendance will be “web designers, software & hardware developers, digital marketers, hackers & makers, IT & security admins or anyone who has a passion for tech either personally or in their profession.”
The event will include breakfast, lunch, raffles, and an after party. Check out the full schedule here.
- When: Saturday October 1, 2016 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Where: USF Muma College of Business: 4202 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL 33620
- Cost: $0-$500. Tickets are free for general admission. BarCamp supporter & VIP tickets are also available.
3. Put on your suit & tie for TiECon Florida
TiE Tampa Bay is hosting its annual conference for entrepreneurs, with a full lineup of keynote speakers and business experts.
Panel discussion topics include healthcare software, food technology, IoT applications, and strategies for building sales teams. Jaya Rao, the COO of Molekule, who I interviewed for a feature on a new type of indoor air purification, will be part of a panel discussing seed investments and funding. A panel of a broader scope will address trends in the digital world of the future, such as IoT, augmented reality, big data, and privacy.
The conference will also feature 10 startup finalists pitching their ideas to judges.
Breakfast, lunch, coffee and networking breaks, a cocktail hour, and a banquet dinner are all included in the price of a ticket, plus an evening of entertainment to conclude the event.
- When: Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Where: Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa USF: 3705 Spectrum Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612
- Cost: Tickets for nonmember attendees are $149 before October 1st, and $199 thereafter. An expo table for nonmembers is $650 before Oct. 1, or $750 after. Register for TiECon here.